Re: a question about postgresql server connection

От Dongyan Song
Тема Re: a question about postgresql server connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Thank you for all suggestions, I fixed this problem by change the owner of
/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock file.

# chown postgres /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock

and it is done.

Best wishes,
Dongyan

Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On Thursday 16 April 2009 2:04:19 am SongDongyan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestion, I set my listen_address = ' * ', and I
>> want
>> to connect to local server.
>>
>> After I modified listen_address from localhost to *, the error message
>> left
>> to one line:
>> ***************************************************************************
>>************* FATAL:  could not open lock file "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock":
>> Permission denied
>>
>> But still, I cannot link to server.
>>
>> Thank you again!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dongyan
>>

> Per Toms suggestion, you need to look at the permissions on the /tmp
> directory
> to see why Postgres cannot open a lock file there.
>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> aklaver@comcast.net
>
> --

-----
Dongyan Song, Msc
Medical informatics, Uppsala University, Sweden