Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong
Дата
Re: Day and month name localization uses wrong  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Actually, now that I look at it, *most* of the variants of to_char,
>> to_number, and friends have been broken on this score since day one.
>> There's been a dependency on LC_NUMERIC for the numeric variants all
>> along, but they're marked immutable :-(

> Where are we on this?

In the past our practice has been to go ahead and back-patch such
changes, eg
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2003-04/msg00095.php
Obviously we can't force initdb in the back branches, but we can and
should get the entries right for future installations.

I think the only interesting question is whether we should force initdb
in HEAD.  I'd prefer not to since we're past RC1.  This is a pretty
minor bug really, and I don't think it justifies forcing a dump/reload
cycle on people testing RC1.

Сообщение: Re: Potential to_char localization bug
Сообщение: Re: Potential to_char localization bug