Re: a question about postgresql server connection

От Dongyan Song
Тема Re: a question about postgresql server connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, I set my listen_address = ' * ', and I want
to connect to local server.

After I modified listen_address from localhost to *, the error message left
to one line:
FATAL: could not open lock file "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock": Permission denied

But still, I cannot link to server.

Thank you again!

Best regards,
Dongyan

Tom Lane-2 wrote:

> Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> writes:
>> On Wednesday 15 April 2009 5:30:29 am SongDongyan wrote:
>>> FATAL:  could not open lock file "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock": Permission
>>> denied
>
>> First are you trying to connect to a local server or a remote server?
>> Second what is listen_addresses in postgresql.conf set to?
>
> The /tmp permissions problem is unrelated to listen_addresses ...
> need to fix that.
>
>             regards, tom lane
>
> --

-----
Dongyan Song, Msc
Medical informatics, Uppsala University, Sweden