Re: [GENERAL] Can't Build 7.3.4 on OS X

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Can't Build 7.3.4 on OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marko Karppinen <karppinen@pobox.com> writes:
> While we're on a Mac-related note, I managed to compile PostgreSQL on
> Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar with two-level namespace support.
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/ReleaseNotes/DeveloperTools/
> TwoLevelNamespaces.html> This is quite useful, so I hope you can look
> into incorporating the changes.

I have done this (not quite as per your original patch, but it's in).

The page mentioned above suggests using slightly different library
routines for shared-library loading than src/backend/port/dynloader/darwin.c
currently uses.  I am not sure if it's important to change or not.
Comments?

> This involves getting rid of undefined symbols in all shared libraries
> (or "bundles") that get built. I tested this with "./configure" and
> "./configure --with-tcl" but didn't try the jdbc or python extensions.

I can report that plpython compiles.  Don't seem to have a working ant
on my 10.2 installation, though, so I can't check jdbc.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Can't Build 7.3.4 on OS X
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Can't Build 7.3.4 on OS X