Re: out of memory error with loading pg_dumpall

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: out of memory error with loading pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dara Olson" <dolson@glifwc.org> writes:
> I am attempting to create an exact copy of our production database/cluster on a different server for development.  I
createda dumpall file which is 8.7GB. When I attempt to run this in psql on the new server it seems okay and then I got
astring of "invalid command \N" lines" and then "out of memory" in the command prompt and then in the postgres log it
statesat the end,

> CST LOG:  could not receive data from client: Unknown winsock error 10061
> CST LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

I'd suggest you need to look at the *first* message not the last one.
What it sounds like is that psql is failing on some line of COPY data
and then trying to interpret the rest of the data as SQL commands.
Why that's happening is likely to be revealed by the first few messages.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Escaping input from COPY
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: design help for performance