Re: cvs HEAD regression

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cvs HEAD regression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> I've been seeing 2 regression failures (diff attached) for the past
> couple of days. Both appear to be ordering related.

Yeah, I'm getting that too.  It seems to be a side effect of my "fuzzy
cost comparison" patch.  I've been trying to figure out why I did not
notice it before committing.  I don't normally make commits without
checking the regression results --- did I miss a step, or is there
something else involved?  Is there anyone who is using CVS from the last
day or so and does *not* see these diffs?

Anyway, the new choices of plans appear to be reasonable AFAICT,
so I will probably end up just changing the regression expected
outputs.  In the select_views case, for instance, it is now preferring
a plan with cost 1.05 .. 709.74-plus-epsilon over one with cost
132.24 .. 709.74 (the total costs are now considered equal so it looks
to the startup cost as tiebreaker).  Seems like a win to me.