Re: initdb & multibyte

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb & multibyte
Дата
Список pgsql-general
source <source@celasmaya.edu.gt> writes:
> OK, now we get:
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_encoding: error in loading shared libraries:
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_encoding: undefined symbol: pg_char_to_encoding
> initdb: pg_encoding failed

Ah.  pg_char_to_encoding() is in libpq.so, but only if you built the
system with multibyte configure option selected.  I'll bet that the
dynamic loader is finding a copy of libpq.so built without multibyte
support.  Do you have another postgres installation on the machine?
(At least some linux distros ship with postgres libraries in /usr/lib)

You probably need to use ldconfig to tell the system about the location
of the newly installed postgres shared libs, and make sure those are in
front of the old ones in the loader search path.