Re: pg_restore enhancements

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore enhancements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Efrain J. Berdecia" <ejberdecia@yahoo.com> writes:
> Thanks, the issue we've run into, which I guess could be really a setup issue, with running a COPY command while
executingpg_restore, is that if we are restoring a large table (bigger than 500GB) our WAL directory can grow to be
verylarge.
> I would think that if the pg_restore or COPY command was able to support a batch-size option, this should allow
postgresto either archive or remove wal files and prevent having to re-size the WAL directory for a one time refresh
operation.
> I'm trying to gage how feasible would be to start looking at contributing to add such a feature to either the COPY
commandor pg_restore.

Given the shortage of other complaints, I tend to agree with Adrian
that there's not likely to be much interest in adding complexity
to pg_restore (or COPY) to address this.  You should probably look
harder at the idea that you have some configuration problem that's
triggering your WAL bloat.  If COPY can run you out of WAL space,
then so could any future bulk insert or update.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: strange behavior of pg_hba.conf file
От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore enhancements