Re: UUID data format 4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UUID data format 4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x-4x
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Dunstan" <pgsql@tomd.cc> writes:
> This seems like a good enough opportunity to mention an idea that I
> had while/after doing the enum patch. The patch was fairly intrusive
> for something that was just adding a type because postgresql isn't
> really set up for parameterized types other than core types. The idea
> would be to extend the enum mechanism to allow UDTs etc to be
> parameterized, and enums would just become one use of the mechanism.

Isn't this reasonably well covered by Teodor's work to support
typmods for user-defined types?  We've discussed how the typmod could
be effectively a key into a system catalog someplace, thus allowing it
to represent more than just an int32 worth of stuff.  I'm not seeing
where your proposal accomplishes more than that can.