Re: pre-loading a user table.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pre-loading a user table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ana Cerejo <ana.cerejo@yale.edu> writes:
> I am trying a pre-load a user table during InitPostgres.  I tried to mimic
> the relevant actions in ReverifyDatabase to carry this out.  I manage to
> load the first block of the table.  However, if a table is more than 1
> block, I end up getting warnings about relcache reference leaks. It looks
> like I need to increase the size of the relcache.  Can anyone comment on
> the approach and/or give me any advanced warnings about messing with the
> relcache?

You've broken something and you haven't got the foggiest idea what :-(
... but "increasing the size of the relcache" definitely isn't the
solution, because it isn't fixed-size.

Why do you think it useful to preload something during InitPostgres,
anyway?  Any heavily used table will certainly be present in shared
buffers already, and even more surely present in kernel buffers.

Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent behavior on Array & Is Null?
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent behavior on Array & Is Null?