Re: ORDER BY regtype

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ORDER BY regtype
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is there _any_ way of sorting by a regproc as it appears, not as its
> underlying OID?

Can't think of one.  If we supported casting regproc to text then I'd
expect ordering by the regproc-casted-to-text to do what you want.
But we don't.

There have been some questions in the past about why we don't support
casting *every* datatype to and from text (using the datatype's input
and output functions if necessary).  I'm on record as not favoring
allowing such conversions to happen implicitly, but I can't see any
good reason not to allow them as explicit casts...