RESET command seems pretty disjointed now

От Tom Lane
Тема RESET command seems pretty disjointed now
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The current documentation for RESET exhibits a certain lack of, um,
intellectual cohesiveness:

Name

RESET -- restore the value of a run-time parameter to the default value

Synopsis

RESET configuration_parameter
RESET ALL
RESET { PLANS | SESSION | TEMP | TEMPORARY }

That one-line summary has got approximately zip to do with the newly
added options; as does most of the Description section.  At the very
least this manual page needs an extensive rewrite.  But I wonder whether
the real problem isn't that we chose a bad name for the new commands.
Is there another keyword we could use instead of RESET?  A concrete
objection to the current state of affairs is that absolutely anyone,
looking at this set of options with no prior knowledge of PG, would
expect that RESET ALL subsumes all the other cases.