Re: [GENERAL] reload postgresql with invalid pg_hba.conf

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] reload postgresql with invalid pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I wouldn't say it's desired behavior, exactly, but there's no very
>> good way to improve it.  pg_ctl has no visibility into what the postmaster
>> is thinking.

> The function signature (and docs) for pg_reload_conf makes the OPs
> interpretation understandable.

Yeah.  After more thought, it occurs to me that now that we did f13ea95f9,
we could improve matters by extending that concept: the postmaster could
record its last reload time in postmaster.pid along with a success/failure
flag, and pg_ctl could watch that file to detect what happened.

(No, I'm not volunteering to write the patch.)