Re: Re: Better backtrace (wasRe: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Better backtrace (wasRe: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr) writes:
> Ok, I got some more information out of the debugger, but not much more.

Ah, I didn't see this message before --- apologies for my previous
waste-of-bandwidth.

> Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.
> #0  0x812023a in convert_numeric_to_scalar (value=65529, typid=21)
>     at selfuncs.c:923
> 923    selfuncs.c: No such file or directory.

That's strange --- the source line in question is

    return (double) DatumGetInt16(value);

There's no reason I can see that converting int16 to double should fail.
What compiler did you compile with, exactly?