Re: SSL renegotiation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SSL renegotiation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So I committed this patch without backpatching anything. ...
> ... should we wait longer for the new renegotiation code to
> be more battle-tested?

+1 to waiting awhile.  I think if we don't see any problems in
HEAD, then back-patching as-is would be the best solution.
The other alternatives are essentially acknowledging that you're
back-patching something you're afraid isn't production ready.
Let's not go there.

Another reason I'm not in a hurry is that the problem we're trying
to solve doesn't seem to be causing real-world trouble.  So by
"awhile", I'm thinking "let's let it get through 9.4 beta testing".