Re: Creation of temporary tables on read-only standby servers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Creation of temporary tables on read-only standby servers
Дата
Re: Creation of temporary tables on read-only standby servers  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Currently it isn't possible to create temporary tables on read-only
> standby servers, and I don't see it listed on the TODO list.  Can I add
> it?

Not unless you have some credible concept for how it might ever be
implemented.  You can't create temp tables because you can't modify
system catalogs, and if you did somehow create them you couldn't put
anything in them because you can't generate XIDs on a slave ... much
less commit them.  We have talked about ways that temp tables might be
created without touching the "real" system catalogs, but the XID issue
seems a complete showstopper.