Re: pgsql vs mysql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql vs mysql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> On 7/11/2006 1:08 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> I thought it was in the SQL 99 standard...

> The SQL bible doesn't say SQL99, it says it is a DB2 specific feature.

If you're speaking of INSERT INTO foo VALUES (a, row), (another, row), ...
that's in SQL92.  See 7.2 <table value constructor>:

              VALUES <table value constructor list>

It's really pretty lame that we still don't have any support at all for
this :-(.  Allowing it everywhere the spec says <table value constructor>
should be allowed might be nontrivial ... but maybe we should just fix
the INSERT ... VALUES case for now.