Re: Time Zone Error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Time Zone Error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jamie Deppeler <jamie@doitonce.net.au> writes:
> We currently running Windows 2003 issues with time zone set to
> (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Problem that we currently have
> with Postgresql 8.1.5 is that time zone is being reported with a
> incorrect off set �4 not �5 and this is causing incorrect time to be set.

> Windows Time
> 2007-05-17 00:55:32.327-05

> Postgresql Time
> 2007-05-17 01:55:32.327-04

At this time of year your GMT offset *should* be -4, no?  So I'd venture
that Postgres is right and Windows is wrong --- only you've got the
hardware clock set to make Windows' incorrect output look right.  I have
no idea whether Windows 2003 is smart enough to do automatic daylight
savings transitions or not; if it is, perhaps you've turned off that
feature?

If you really want to run the machine in standard time all year, you can
do it, but you'll have to explicitly set the Postgres timezone to that.
I think "timezone = 'EST5'" in postgresql.conf will do the trick.