Re: regression failure with current

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: regression failure with current
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 08:27:52PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>>> I have seen following regression failure with current(I cvs up'ed 10
>>> minutes ago). Any thought? This is Linux kernel 2.4.22 with glibc
>>> 2.2.4.
>>
>> Maybe the change of TZ (summer to winter time) tonight caused
>> this.

> Yes, I saw identical failures --- must be timezone.

Sheesh guys, "the horology tests fail at DST boundaries" is not only
ancient project folklore, but is well documented:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/regress-evaluation.html#AEN23380
saith

: Some of the queries in the horology test will fail if you run the test
: on the day of a daylight-saving time changeover, or the day before or
: after one. These queries assume that the intervals between midnight
: yesterday, midnight today and midnight tomorrow are exactly
: twenty-four hours -- which is wrong if daylight-saving time went into
: or out of effect meanwhile.

I could understand some newbie making these complaints, but y'all have
little excuse...