Re: odd convert_from bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: odd convert_from bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> BTW, if calling pfree() at all here is actually a bug, then we should
> probably fix it in the back branches. It looks more to me like the
> problem was that pg_convert_from was calling pfree() with the wrong
> argument - src_encoding_name instead of dest_encoding_name.

Right.  I just took it out because it wasn't really that useful;
in general SQL-callable functions can expect that they're called in
fairly short-lived contexts, and so retail pfree's aren't very
interesting unless you're talking about large chunks.

BTW, just for the record, the "(void *)" casts were poor style
too IMHO --- DatumGetPointer() would be better.