Re: pg_upgrade + Extensions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade + Extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> My co-workers tell me that pg_upgrade told them to drop the colnames and
> hostname extensions before upgrading from 9.3 to 9.4.

Really?  I see nothing in the source code that would print any such
advice.

There *is* a check on whether .so libraries used by the source
installation exist in the destination one.  But the preferred way to
deal with that type of complaint is to install the needed libraries
(in the destination's lib/ folder).  You shouldn't have to drop anything
as long as you have a copy of the extension that works for the new PG
version.