Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 6 June 2018 at 18:05, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I wonder why we need to create those Bitmapsets in the planner?  Why not
>> in ExecSetupPartitionPruneState()?  For example, like how
>> context->exprstates is initialized.

> That seems like a good idea.  Certainly much better than working them
> out each time we prune.

> v3 patch attached.

Maybe there's something I'm missing here, but I sort of hoped that this
patch would nuke all the special-case code for Params in this area.
Why is there any need to distinguish them from other stable expressions?

IOW, I was hoping for the code to end up simpler, not more complicated.

Сообщение: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization
Сообщение: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization