Re: 8.2bet2 failed build on Solaris 10 / x86-64 / SUN Studio

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.2bet2 failed build on Solaris 10 / x86-64 / SUN Studio
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Andreas Lange <anlan@ida.liu.se> writes:
> configure:13462: checking for cbrt
> configure:13519: /sw/sun-studio-11/SUNWspro/bin/cc -Xa -o conftest -fast
> -fns=no -fsimple=1 -xtarget=opteron -xarch=amd64a     conftest.c -lz
> -lrt -lsocket  >&5
> "conftest.c", line 104: warning: statement not reached
> cbrt                                conftest.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

Presumably the problem is that the cc call lacks "-lm".

Checking back against 8.1, I see that 8.1's configure has

    AC_CHECK_LIB(m, main)

where 8.2 tries to do

    AC_SEARCH_LIBS(pow, m)

I suppose there is something funny about pow() on your platform
causing that probe to fail.  What does config.log have at the
"checking for library containing pow" step?

My inclination is to undo this particular change, and thus to
unconditionally include libm whenever it can be found.  I can't imagine
there are any platforms where we don't need libm, given the fairly
extensive demands of utils/adt/float.c; furthermore, given the frequency
with with some of these functions are macro-ized or otherwise diddled
with, relying on an AC_SEARCH_LIBS test seems risky.

Сообщение: Re: 8.2bet2 failed build on Solaris 10 / x86-64 / SUN Studio
Сообщение: Re: 8.2bet2 failed build on Solaris 10 / x86-64 / SUN Studio