Re: Resource management in 7.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Resource management in 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> ... The reason I've been thinking about it is some people I've been
> working with at universities have a problem with students effectively
> DoSing shared installations to affect assessment. This was something
> they had control over when they used Oracle :-(.

And the students have access to the administrative installation exactly
why?

This is not Oracle: you are not paying a per-installation license.
Put the students on their own box, and you'll have a situation way
more secure than when you used Oracle ;-)

Сообщение: Re: Resource management in 7.4
Сообщение: Re: Resource management in 7.4