Re: locale & glibc 2.2.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: locale & glibc 2.2.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind =?iso-8859-1?q?Glomsr=F8d?=) writes:
> Of course not, it's not a bug - if this is a problem, it's a bug in
> Postgresql:

If glibc 2.2.2 sorts that way in C locale, then glibc is broken.
But I assume you meant this is the behavior in some other locale.

Postgres as such can cope just fine with non-C sort orders, but it
seems quite possible that the koi8 regression test sample outputs were
constructed using C-locale sort rules.  Since the original complainant
merely asserted those tests were broken without defining what he meant
by broken, we're pretty much wasting our time speculating...