Re: --with-libedit-preferred is bad design

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: --with-libedit-preferred is bad design
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I think the current --with-libedit-preferred should go away, and be
> replaced by a --with-libedit option which throws an error if libedit
> isn't found.

I'm not sure that will work well on systems where libedit masquerades
as readline...

TBH, given the number of bugs we've hit in libedit, encouraging its use
isn't something we should put effort into anyway.  Or is it just that
Apple seems incapable of finding non-broken versions to ship?