Re: CUBE_MAX_DIM

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CUBE_MAX_DIM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alastair McKinley <a.mckinley@analyticsengines.com> writes:
> I know that Cube in it's current form isn't suitable for nearest-neighbour searching these vectors in their raw form
(Ihave tried recompilation with higher CUBE_MAX_DIM myself), but conceptually kNN GiST searches using Cubes can be
usefulfor these applications.  There are other pre-processing techniques that can be used to improved the speed of the
search,but it still ends up with a kNN search in a high-ish dimensional space.

Is there a way to fix the numerical instability involved?  If we could do
that, then we'd definitely have a use-case justifying the work to make
cube toastable.

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Weird failures on lorikeet