Re: Reordering columns in a table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reordering columns in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
> Actually, I'm pretty sure this is on the TODO.

[ checks... ]  No, it isn't.  My recollection is that we looked very
hard at this around the time DROP COLUMN was implemented, and concluded
that we weren't ever going to support it, because distinguishing
physical from logical column numbers would create a nigh-inexhaustible
source of bugs.  See the pghackers archives for lots of discussion.