Re: Performance regression on CVS head

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance regression on CVS head
Дата
Re: Performance regression on CVS head  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I tried to repeat the DBT-2 runs with the "oldestxmin refresh" patch,
> but to my surprise the baseline run with CVS head, without the patch,
> behaved very differently than it did back in March.

> I rerun the a shorter 1h test with CVS head from May 20th, and March 6th
> (which is when I ran the earlier tests), and something has clearly been
> changed between those dates that affects the test. Test run 248 is with
> CVS checkout from May 20th, and 249 is from March 6th:

May 20th is not quite my idea of "HEAD" ;-).  It might be worth checking
current code before investing any think-time on this.  But having said
that, it looks a bit like a planner problem --- if I'm reading the
graphs correctly, I/O wait time goes through the roof, suggesting a
change to a much less efficient plan.