Re: Timestamp conversion can't use index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Timestamp conversion can't use index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Added to same files:
>     datatype(const,...) function calls now evaluated earlier

This is quite wrong, since (a) the change only applies to single-
argument function calls (so, no "..."), (b) the call is not
evaluated "earlier", but "differently", and (c) it doesn't only
apply to constant arguments.

Not sure that I can come up with a one-liner definition of this change,
but the above definitely doesn't do the job.

We already have
  Modify type coersion logic to attempt binary-compatible functions first (Tom)

and I'm not sure there is a better one-liner for it.