Re: Stats collector frozen?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats collector frozen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Apparantly there is a bug lurking somewhere in pgwin32_select(). Because
> if I put a #undef select right before the select in pgstat.c, the
> regression tests pass.
> I guess the bug is shown because with row level stats we simply have
> more data to process. And it appears only to happen on UDP sockets from
> what I can tell.

Hmm ... if this theory is correct, then statistics collection has
never worked at all on Windows, at least not under more than the most
marginal load; and hence neither has autovacuum.

Does that conclusion agree with reality?  You'd think we'd have heard
a whole lot of complaints about it, not just Jeremy's; and I don't
remember it being a sore point.  (But then again I just woke up.)
What seems somewhat more likely is that we broke pgwin32_select
recently, in which case we oughta find out why.  Or else remove it
entirely (does your patch make that possible?).

Keep in mind also that we have seen the stats-test failure on
non-Windows machines, so we still need to explain that ...