Re: Move regression.diffs of pg_upgrade test suite

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Move regression.diffs of pg_upgrade test suite
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 12/23/18 10:44 PM, Noah Misch wrote:
>> A disadvantage of any change here is that it degrades buildfarm reports, which
>> recover slowly as owners upgrade to a fixed buildfarm release.  This will be
>> similar to the introduction of --outputdir=output_iso.  On non-upgraded
>> animals, pg_upgradeCheck failures will omit regression.diffs.
>>
>> I think the right fix, attached, is to use "pg_regress --outputdir" to
>> redirect these files to src/bin/pg_upgrade/tmp_check/regress.

> Seems reasonable.

Do we need to change anything in the buildfarm client to improve its
response to this?  If so, seems like it might be advisable to make a
buildfarm release with the upgrade before committing the change.
Sure, not all owners will update right away, but if they don't even
have the option then we're not in a good place.