Re: ALTER DATABASE and datallowconn

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER DATABASE and datallowconn
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>>> Is there a particular reason we don't have an ALTER DATABASE switch
>>> that controls the datallowconn, or is it just something "missed out"?

>> It was never intended to be a user-accessible switch, just something to
>> protect template0.

> It can be rather useful for others as well, though - since it works as
> a defense against superusers doing the wrong thing..

I'm having a hard time seeing the use-case for a user-created database
that nobody at all can connect to.  Even if there is some marginal use
for that, you could achieve the result with a special entry in
pg_hba.conf to "reject" all connection attempts for that DB.

Сообщение: Re: ALTER DATABASE and datallowconn
Сообщение: Re: ALTER DATABASE and datallowconn