Re: Issues with german locale on CentOS 5,6,7

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Issues with german locale on CentOS 5,6,7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com> writes:
> At the risk of getting flamed: I think that this is a bug in
> PostgreSQL, not CentOS. I've said why I think that is at least once
> already [1]. Simply put, there is no justification for the belief that
> some people have that collations should be immutable, and there is
> some justification for OS vendors updating them in a way that
> disregards our use of the collations. Glibc actually versions
> collations, although that isn't in any standard, and it isn't clear
> that we can benefit from that beyond refusing to start the server when
> a collation was superseded by a new version.

I can think of less helpful responses to such a situation, but not easily.

The only real way out of such a situation is to REINDEX affected indexes.
Refusing to start the server not only doesn't contribute to a solution,
but makes it impossible to fix manually.

Сообщение: Re: How to drop user if objects depend on it
Сообщение: Re: How to drop user if objects depend on it