Re: [GENERAL] Schemas and foreign keys

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Schemas and foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 21.07.2017 um 14:58 schrieb marcelo:
> Recently I asked regarding schemas, and received very useful answers.
> I conclude that I can put some tables in one schema and left others in
> the public one.
> If my app selects some schema, the backend will found automatically
> the absent tables in "public".
> So far, so good.
> But what about foreign keys? At least, I will have foreign keys from
> the tables in the specified schema to the tables in "public", because
> I'm thinking that the tables in "public" would be references, while
> the tables residing in the specified schema will be the transactional
> ones.
> TIA
> Marcelo

that's no problem:

test=# create schema demo1;
CREATE SCHEMA
test=*# create schema demo2;
CREATE SCHEMA
test=*# create table master_table(id int primary key);
CREATE TABLE
test=*# create table demo1.demo_table(id int primary key, master_id int
references public.master_table);
CREATE TABLE
test=*# create table demo2.demo_table(id int primary key, master_id int
references public.master_table);
CREATE TABLE

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com