Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Aug 18, 2011, at 10:41 AM, Greg Smith wrote:
> that was all they got.  I'm going to add directly computing the write MB/s figure from the dirty data written too,
sincethat ends up being the thing that I keep deriving by hand anyway.

I know folks have talked about progress, but I haven't seen anything specific... could you add info about what
table/indexvacuum is working on, and how far along it is? I realize that's not very close to an actual % completion,
butit's far better than what we have right now.

FWIW, the number I end up caring about isn't so much write traffic as read. Thanks to a good amount of battery-backed
writecache (and possibly some iSCSI misconfiguration), our writes are generally much cheaper than our reads.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: How to define global variable in postgresql
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: 9.1rc1: TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(item_width > 0)", File: "costsize.c", Line: 3274)