Re: Tips for upgrading from 7.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Tips for upgrading from 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> writes:
> On Jan 23, 2008, at 10:26 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Reading the release notes is good, but you really really should test
>> the
>> application(s) against a test 8.1 installation before you go live ...

> be sure to run *every* query your system uses through 8.1.  the most
> common problems you will run into are issues relating to using strings
> as integers which tended to work in most cases in 7.x but not in 8.x.

BTW, one other question to answer at this point, rather than down the
road, is "why 8.1"?  If you're going to have to engage in a testing
and porting effort anyway, you might as well move to the latest branch
you can.  I'd strongly recommend moving to 8.2 instead of 8.1, or
maybe even 8.3 if your go-live date is more than a month or two away.