Re: Dump from cygwin directly to windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Dump from cygwin directly to windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mike G <mike@thegodshalls.com> writes:
> It looks like it started off as a permissions problem.  I added the
> users to the database before trying again and this time it worked fine.
> I have attached the log from the original attempt if you wish to have a
> look.

As best I can tell, you ran the restore script as a non-superuser, which
probably wasn't a good thing to do.  8.0 pg_dump generates scripts that
should cope with this situation a bit more reasonably, but it would
still end up as a do-over in most cases because none of the object
ownerships would come out right.