Re: Testing with concurrent sessions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Дата
Re: Testing with concurrent sessions  ("David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> It just seems crazy to me to try to test anything without proper
> language bindings.  Opening a psql session and parsing the results
> seems extraordinarily painful.  I wonder if it would make sense write
> a small wrapper program that uses libpq and dumps out the results in a
> format that is easy for Perl to parse.

> Another idea would be to make a set of Perl libpq bindings that is
> simpler than DBD::Pg and don't go through DBI.  If we put those in the
> main source tree (perhaps as a contrib module) they would be available
> wherever we need them.

We have not yet fully accepted the notion that you must have Perl to
build (and, in fact, I am right now trying to verify that you don't).
I don't think that requiring Perl to test is going to fly.

>> A parallel psql seems to me a better way to go. We talked about that a while
>> ago, but I don't recall what happened to it.

> That seems like a dead-end to me.  It's hard for me to imagine it's
> ever going to be more than a toy.

Well, the argument there is that it might be useful for actual use,
not only testing.

Сообщение: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Сообщение: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions