Re: Unicode combining characters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unicode combining characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I'd feel more confident if the measurements were done using operators
>> repeated enough times to yield multiple-second runtimes.

> Any idea to do that?

Maybe something like this: declare a plpgsql function that takes two
text parameters and has a body like
for (i = 0 to a million)    boolvar := $1 like $2;

Then call it with strings of different lengths and see how the runtime
varies.  You need to apply the LIKE to function parameters, else the
system will probably collapse the LIKE operation to a constant...