Re: pgsql: Fix headerscheck failure in replication/worker_internal.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix headerscheck failure in replication/worker_internal.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2021-Nov-16, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> Not against possibly changing that but I don’t get the point of including
>> be-gssapi-common.h if it’s not enabled in the build and typically if GSSAPI
>> is possible and the reason for including be-gssapi-common.h then there’s
>> other things that need to be under a ifdef, again, as in auth.c

> BTW, this is exactly why my first suggestion was to add an exclusion
> rule to headerscheck so that be-gssapi-common.h is not verified by that
> script.  After re-reading your response, that looks like a reasonable
> answer too.

I think adding #ifdef ENABLE_GSS as per your prior message is better.
Headers have little business making assumptions about the context in
which they're included --- which is exactly why headerscheck exists ---
so I disagree with Stephen's argument.  In any case I am not in favor of
making random exclusions from that script's testing.