Re: Bug #885: Trouble with timestamps after vacuuming

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #885: Trouble with timestamps after vacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Query failed: ERROR:  Bad timestamp external representation '06/05/2002 11:42:10 ART'

> PostgreSQL 7.2.3 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96 (redhat 7.2, postgres installed from sources)

Timezone 'ART' is in the list of timezones known to Postgres, but the
table order is messed up --- it's searched by a binary search which can
fail to find entries if the alphabetical ordering isn't perfect.
You can fix it yourself if you need to --- see datetktbl[] in
src/backend/utils/adt/datetime.c.

This was only recently noticed in 7.3, and I had thought that it was a
newly introduced bug, but now I see the problem exists in 7.2.* as well.
Will patch it in 7.2.4, due out next week.