Re: W[i/e]rd performance issue with 8.1cvs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: W[i/e]rd performance issue with 8.1cvs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I'm seeing this kind of "performance plunge" on 8.1cvs in one of every 3 runs.
> It's obviously a serious stability issue, whatever is causing it.

I concur with the upthread suggestion that it may come from not doing
checkpoints in a realistic fashion, thereby allowing too much queued
I/O work to build up.  What happens if you set the checkpoint interval
to 5 or 10 minutes?

Сообщение: Re: W[i/e]rd performance issue with 8.1cvs
Сообщение: Re: W[i/e]rd performance issue with 8.1cvs