Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration
Дата
Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> Greg Stark wrote:
>> For what it's worth Oracle has an option to have your standby
>> intentionally hold back n minutes behind and I've seen that set to 5
>> minutes.

> yeah a lot of people are doing that intentionally...

It's the old DBA screwup safety valve ... drop the main accounts table,
you have five minutes to stop replication before it's dropped on the
standby.  Speaking of which, does the current HS+SR code have a
provision to force the standby to stop tracking WAL and come up live,
even when there's more WAL available?  Because that's what you'd need
in order for such a thing to be helpful in that scenario.