Re: 50K record DELETE Begins, 100% CPU, Never Completes 1 hour later

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 50K record DELETE Begins, 100% CPU, Never Completes 1 hour later
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Clay Luther" <claycle@cisco.com> writes:
> ccm=# explain delete from numplan where pkid in (select numplan.pkid from numplan left outer join pilothuntgroup on
numplan.pkid=pilothuntgroup.fknumplanleft outer join devicenumplanmap on numplan.pkid = devicenumplanmap.fknumplan
wherenumplan.tkpatternusage=2 and pilothuntgroup.fknumplan is null and devicenumplanmap.fknumplan is null);

The left join/is null thingies look like a workaround for our pre-7.4
lack of performance with NOT IN queries.  Have you tried expressing
this more straightforwardly with NOT IN?

Also, what sort_mem setting are you using?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: A Question About Insertions -- Performance
От: "Jules Alberts"
Сообщение: Re: help with TCL function