Re: "stuck spinlock"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "stuck spinlock"
Дата
Re: "stuck spinlock"
Список pgsql-hackers
Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> writes:
> On Dec 12, 2013, at 5:45 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Presumably, we are seeing the victim rather than the perpetrator of
>> whatever is going wrong.

> This is probing about a bit blindly, but the only thing I can see about this system that is in some way unique (and
thisis happening on multiple machines, so it's unlikely to be hardware) is that there are a relatively large number of
relations(like, 440,000+) distributed over many schemas.  Is there anything that pins a buffer that is O(N) to the
numberof relations?

It's not a buffer *pin* that's at issue, it's a buffer header spinlock.
And there are no loops, of any sort, that are executed while holding
such a spinlock.  At least not in the core PG code.  Are you possibly
using any nonstandard extensions?

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: "stuck spinlock"
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: SSL: better default ciphersuite