Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review

От Linreg
Тема Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

> This change is unrelated to porting to pure C++, and needs to be

> discussed and (if acceptable) implemented as a separate patch. I'm not

> convinced it's an appropriate change at all - I certainly work with

> customer who do not use a connection pooler for various reasons, and

> rely on the pooler in the agent to prevent large numbers of

> connect/disconnect cycles, which amongst other things use resources

> unnecessarily, and can fill up audit logs.

A little addendum:

- connection pooling per Job is not a problem. This changes send i in the next week.

- connection pooling of all jobs has no effect in your code. The function clearconnection released connection-objects before it can be reused after one mainloop cycle. I think. I may be wrong.

so connection pooling per Job should be enough. What do you mean.

Thomas Steffen

Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review