Re: expression evaluation with expected datatypes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: expression evaluation with expected datatypes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mar jul 10 10:56:50 -0400 2012:
>> What's to solve?  Presumably the WITH function name would take
>> precedence over anything in the catalogs, the same as WITH query names
>> take precedence over actual tables.

> Hm, would the newly defined function mask all regular functions with
> that name?

Only the ones with the same parameter types ...

> If not, a seemingly innocuous change in a query could mean
> calling not the function defined in the WITH FUNCTION clause but another
> one with the same name but different parameter count/types.

I would see this working as if the WITH function appeared in a schema
earlier in the search path than any regular functions.  So the risk is
not greater, nor indeed different, than from any other overloaded
function name.