Re: ALTER DATABASE and datallowconn

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER DATABASE and datallowconn
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is there a particular reason we don't have an ALTER DATABASE switch
> that controls the datallowconn, or is it just something "missed out"?

It was never intended to be a user-accessible switch, just something to
protect template0.

I don't agree with Simon's proposal to hard-wire protection for
template0 instead; that's ugly, and sometimes you do need to be able to
turn it off.  But that's something that should be done only with adult
supervision, so having a nice friendly ALTER DATABASE command for it
seems exactly the wrong thing.