Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> One more consistency question: what's the effect of running out of
> max_parallel_workers?

ITYM max_worker_processes (ie, the cluster-wide pool size)?

> That is, say max_parallel_workers is set to 10, and 8 are already
> allocated.  If I ask for max_parallel_X = 4, how many cores to I use?

One of my reasons for liking max_parallel_workers is that you can sensibly
compare it to max_worker_processes to figure out how many workers you're
likely to get.  If you think in terms of "degree" it takes some additional
mental arithmetic to understand what will happen.

> Presumably the leader isn't counted towards max_parallel_workers?

Not under what I'm proposing.

Сообщение: Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Сообщение: Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?